Friday, March 7, 2008

Making Up (Chicken Marsala and Asparagus Risotto)

This past weekend James and I struggled to find appropriate ways to communicate with each other. By Monday, we were both especially miserable after such a rough weekend. Thankfully, we were able to make up over email during work that day. Expecting a snow storm in DFW (yes I know ???), we made a grocery store run before heading home.



I decided to go all out and make a recipes for Chicken Marsala and Asparagus Risotto I found. Asparagus was on sale for 1.28 a lb. Practically irresistible. You can't say no to that price :-). It caused for white wine though. I am not a wine drinker at all. It just doesn't appeal to me, but I like to cook with it. Once the alcohol flavor evaps off, it can really enhance certain dishes. With only 20 dollars in our pockets to expend on groceries for the week, we opted to buy just one bottle. I figured the chicken would be fine with white wine but red would overwhelm the asparagus, so we splurged on the cheapest (5.98) bottle of Chardonnay they had.



At home, we started cooking our beautiful meal loaded with things I love like aparagus and mushrooms. In the end, we ended up with a delicious meal in just an hour.


A great thing too, b/c when James went to check the car it was covered in snow. A perfect night to snuggle after a very enjoyable meal.



No comments: